A Fun Game for Connecting with Tween Girls
My daughter sits coloring on the couch.
I’m on my laptop, getting some work done.
“Ask me some “Would you Rather” questions,” she says, relaxed.
It’s just her and me today as her sister is at drama camp. And we’ve played Would You Rather a hundred times.
But today, it’s different.
Today, I can use these questions to focus solely on her — something we can’t do much of when her twin sister is around.
Like always, I start out with something outlandish. We had just been in a little argument. She wants me to homeschool her in the fall. I’m not sure it’s the right choice. She can’t accept that.
So, I start out with a Would You Rather that goes like this:
Would you rather be homeschooled or in traditional school?
She rolls her eyes at me.
From there, I start to really get a feeling for where she is in her world.
A fun game for connecting with tween girls
Would You Rather questions can really help you understand your pre-tween or tween better. In a world where they are still little and not yet big it’s hard to make decisions.
Would You Rather questions help them get used to making decisions and knowing what they want in life.
And it helps YOU get to know them in a really playful way.
Here are some great Would You Rather questions to ask your tween: Would rather …
- Would you rather read all day or play all day?
- Would you rather eat a big breakfast or a big dinner?
- Would you rather create a computer game or create a recipe?
- Would you rather have a bunch of siblings or be an only child?
- Would you rather put your feet in mud or in sand?
- Would you rather make music all day or make art all day?
- Would you rather spend the day in the woods or spend the day in stores?
- Would you rather wake up early or go to bed late?
- Would you rather eat a piece of cake or a brownie?
- Would you rather live at the beach or on top of a mountain?
- Would you rather live on a cottage on the bay or a house by the ocean?
- Would you rather ride a roller coaster or a water slide?
- Would you rather shop for yourself or shop for others?
- Would you rather watch TV all day or play with your best friends all day?
- Would you rather watch a concert or be IN a concert?
- Would you rather step inside a video game or step inside a book?
- Would you rather live in a land of all dogs or a land of all birds?
- Would you rather sit warm by a fire drinking hot chocolate or sit warm by a swimming pool drinking lemonade?
The best questions, though, are going to be the ones you think up for your own daughter based on what you know because then you will be closer to knowing more about her.
What Would You Rather questions have you asked your tween girl lately?