5 Questions to Ask Your Daughter Today
Girls are so interesting. Sometimes it seems we hardly know who they are … before they change, again.
At the end of a long, busy day, I often like to get some quiet time to sit and reflect on our day.
What I would love to know, in those moments, are what we can all do better at tomorrow.
The great thing about raising girls is that they really do love to talk. They love to share and they love to feel like their voice is heard and respected.
Recently, inspired by this post, I’ve been really asking more and more questions as a way to get to know our girls better. After all, they have grown up quicker than I thought. At back-to-school night I got many questions wrong about who I thought they were and what they liked. Not because I didn’t know but because they are changing by the second right now.
These 5 questions to ask your daughter are my go-to questions when I need to really get to know them, or when I need to get them thinking differently about a situation.
- What do you wish for in this world?
- Tell me something that happened in your day that made you feel happy, sad, frustrated, proud , etc.
- How did you show kindness today? And did you witness anyone else being kind?
- Who needs a friend in school?
- What was your bravest moment today?